Process development and scale up
The Coflore ATR is the most flexible and capable plug flow reactor available. Its unique characteristics stem from the use of radial mechanical stirring rather than passive mixing. This approach decouples plug flow and mixing from residence time to give very low dispersion numbers, fast blending and high shear:
- Reaction time <10 seconds to >10 hours
- Co-current and counter-current flow.
- Slurries, immiscible fluids and gas/liquid mixtures.
- Plug flow equivalent to >100 stirred tanks in series (1 hour reaction time in <3 metres of tube)
- Mass transfer rates 1 -2 orders of magnitude higher than large batch reactors.
- Blending times 1-2 orders of magnitude faster than batch reactors.
The Coflore ATR generates radial mixing with free moving mechanical stirrers.
The volumetric displacement of the mixer is less than 5% of the working volume but the swept volume is >80%. This design also eliminates the need for mechanical seals, rotating drive shafts and baffles. This makes the system simple, efficient and easy to clean.
The Coflore ATR offers outstanding plug flow characteristics:
- Excellent residence time control
- Optimum separation of reactants and products
- Residence time flexibility from seconds to hours
- Eliminates the need for long tubes
- Eliminates the need for time consuming characterisation studies
The Coflore ATR provides provides reactor tube uses a plug flow jacket. A needle valve to each jacket allows the cooling power
The Coflore ATR can be used in a variety of different configurations
Slurry reactions with gas disengagement
Gas/liquid reactions with solids